The International Huntington´s Association (IHA) is a non-profit umbrella organization, made up of local associations all over the world. Established in 1974 by Margaret Guthrie, it now represents more than 250,000 individuals and member associations in South and North America, China, Australia, India, Middle East and Africa.
Our Mission is to improve the lives of individuals and families who are affected by Huntington’s Disease.
- Raise awareness of Huntington’s Disease
- Enable national associations so that they can provide support for local HD families
- Encourage cross border networks and exchange of know-how
- Promote active involvement in clinical research
- Advocate for treatment access